Inertial Electrostatic Confinement
A More Modest Approach
1. Low Expense: Kilodollar Prices!
2. Proven Technologies, Spherical Ion Optics
A Van de Graff Accelerator 
Dr. George Miley's (University of Illinois) IEC-GD Device 
3. Easily Controlled: Just adjust V, I, or P.
4. Confinement Constant, a "Microstar"
5. Easily Refueled.
6. Easy to exploit output power:
particles do work on the field.
b) Fast neutrons can be used to heat
c) the cathode (in a large device) can
be made of hollow tubing, through which a coolant heat exchange fluid may