The Magnetic Paradigm: Inherent Problems
Loss Cones In the Helmholtz Mirror 
Toroidal Confinement Magnetic
ie the Tokamak:
Another Russian White Elephant 
1. Enormous Expense: Gigadollar Prices!
2. Gross inefficiency: 1/1000th order of magnitude at best
3. Complex magnetic fields required, high hysteresis, complex controls
4. Plasma leakage: results in power loss, damage to the vessel
5. Huge volume required to compensate for leakage, erosion
6. High current, special magnets required. Superconductivity
not yet practical.